Friday, June 12, 2009

Hello readers, I would like to introduce you to this book VBTS and today I would be blogging about that. It is actually about a family with dysfunctional parents and how the eldest children have to take on parental roles to support the family.
I would like to talk about my favourite part about the book. I would say that this book is a fairytale story for early teens but it is also somewhat true in potraying the images of city and rural life from different points of view. I will be telling you my favourite part of the book and I hope that you would love this book too.
My favourite part of VBTS is actually when Hari goes to Bombay in search of work. It is when Bombay is seen as the majestic financial capital of India and also how it is like when you take a look at the dark alleys and the people that roam around. This is where Hari realises the experience to work and how a big city so foreign to ask is unveiled to our eyes. I feel that that is exactly how we feel everytime when we search for something new and discover the goodness and badness in it. We are blinded by the splendour when we first step in but are soon disillusioned when things start to happen. This is the same for Hari. He was looking forward to the trip to Bombay but realised the city at its ugliest. It reminds us to be cautious at all times and do not be blinded by what we see first see and thought.
I also like the part when he finally goes back to Bombay and realises and appreciates what he has in his hands. This also prevents us from coveting and learn to appreciate what we have. Apart from the fairytale side of the story like how coincidences fall in so randomly, this is book worth reading and is also certainly a brain-bender. There are many themes in the story and you could just list out all the pros and cons about this or that.
As usual, for readers of this book, please comment and also tell me which part of the story you enjoy reading the best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment