Monday, January 19, 2009

What is education?

Hello, this another issue which was posted in class today.

"What is education?" Have you ever thought of this question?

Well, what do you think of education. Does being educated need you to be thought by a teacher? Must you be in school, or must you graduate to be known as educated? Let me share with you might thoughts on this matter.

In thesaurus.reference.com, the defination of education is instruction, developement of knowledge. But the synonyms also stated that education is also to a certain extent brainwashing. Therefore, I think that education can be on anything, whether good or bad. So, I think that education is expanding your knowledge about certain things and it does not need to be taught by a teacher. You do not need to graduate to have education either. Having said this, I feel that education can be on anything, anywhere, anyhow. The term "education" is very general. That is why education is not limited in the classroom or teacher rambling on about geography, mathematic, science and so on. It can be on your general knowledge. I also feel that since education is on anything, we should not view "education" as "study". Having education means that you have more knowledge on certain things.

This are my thoughts for the topic. What are your views then?

2 comments:

  1. i think you pointed out something very important: education is NOT about studying. good mature post!

    LauYJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlike Mr Lau, I think that education involves studying so part of education is about studying. I am neither right or wrong...Its just my point of view.

    ReplyDelete