Thursday, March 5, 2009

Reading Habits

Hello everyone, I am in the computer lab and blogging once again. Well, today I am supposed to post about my reading habits. I think that I am supposed to tell truthfully. Alright, I think that I have only read 5-7 books this year. I hope that I can read more books. However, I do not know what to read. I usually just take up a book which I find interesting and start working on it. I remember reading a lot in the beginning of the year but somehow I just stopped reading suddenly. I promise to start reading again hopefully in the March holidays. I have already read all the literature books I am supposed to read and I think my favourite is The Valley by the Sea. I have also read Animal Farm and To Kill a Mockingbird and I think I like the latter most. It is highly recommended and I think all of you should read it too.

Now, I am supposed to go to weread.com to open an account. Now, I think I should read at least half an hour a day so that my English Language can improve. All I can say, I should be going to the website now!

7 comments:

  1. Hmmm ... don't know who's blog to comment on, decided to comment on yours, 'cause your blog posts look professional XD
    Erm ... looks like you have a good reading habit, reading 5 - 7 books in 3 months is pretty fast, keep it up ! Okay, I'll TRY to read the books you recommended. Continue reading, hope you can read ... 15 ( ? ) by June, hahas, is it too much ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Dickson.I think that the books that you recommend sounds quite nice. I will try to read them during the school holidays. Also, I am impressed with your speed of reading. 5-7 books in 3 months! Nice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Jun Xuan. Impressive speed Joshua! I wonder how you manage to read so fast perhaps you can teach me how?(haha) If you keep this up, I think you will be able to read 20 thick books at the end of the year. Personally, I think 5-7 books should be good enough, if not I do not think you would have enough time to do your homework!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Joshua Hia, just to tell you this is Vincent Lo. I am impressed at the speed you read your books. I have not even started reading anybooks except for Nothing But The Truth. But I do agree with you that we should start reading during the March Holidays. Anyway, we can also improve our English. By the way, are you interested in Encyclopedias? Haha, I am sure you will break world record by reading 100+ books in a year, but do remember to save time for your homework and revision. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, my previous comment is NOT posted at 12.36am for your information. Maybe some wrong timing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you enjoyed To Kill a Mockingbird. It is one of my favourite books - I have read it thrice and each time I read it, it is a different experience. I learn about about moral courage from Atticus Finch. Have you watched the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi this is Emil . I would think that reading a book should be done slowly . Maybe it is a different case for you but how are you going to enjoy a book and have a taste of the writer's emotions and feelings when he/she was writing a book .Those books that you have read are great books and not just comics ,you need to slow down the speed and do some reflections for each chapter perhaps . Just like "lamb To The Slaughter" .We took more than a week to unveil Mrs Malloney's character and the reasons behind her doings .This clearly reflects that to totally understand a book or short passage , one needs to slow down the rate of reading .If not you could take 3 / 4 times to really understand it or to advance your understanding to a deeper stage , although some books require you to read it more than once so as to allow you to put yourself in the author's shoes and thus savouring the sorrow / joy etc that is found in that masterpiece. However ,the above is just my personal opinion of reading a book and does not need to carry any significance towards you . Everyone has their own unique way of reading and I am sure yours is the best suited for you .If not , you would not have used it for so many different varieties of book .

    ReplyDelete